Show simple item record

Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: https://umoar.mu.edu.mm/handle/123456789/508
dc.contributor.authorAung Zaw Myint
dc.date.accessioned2020-01-11T05:14:27Z
dc.date.available2020-01-11T05:14:27Z
dc.date.issued2019
dc.identifier.urihttps://umoar.mu.edu.mm/handle/123456789/508
dc.description.abstractIn the early Konbaung Period Lashio was a small village included in Hsenwi region. According to Konbaung chronicles, during the reign of King Sinbyu Shin, Lashio was a transit camp where military encampments were made. When Myanmar fell under the British Lashio was promulgated as specific municipal area and was notified as a Town. In other words, in the period of ancient Myanmar Kings, Lashio was little known small village. However during the British colonial period Lashio stood as a notified town where a government headmaster was established. During the World War II Lashio became a town of vital importance, major key to line of communication by land route as well as by air. So also, on the basis of Sino-Myanmar Road, It may be regarded that Lashio developed in trading.en
dc.language.isoenen
dc.publisherUniversity of Mandalay, Research Journalen
dc.relation.ispartofseriesVol. 10;
dc.subjectKonbaungen
dc.subjectLashioen
dc.titleHistory of Lashio Township Portrayed by Chronicles (1763-1958)en
dc.typeArticleen


Files in this item

Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record