Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
History of Lashio Township Portrayed by Chronicles (1763-1958)
- In the early Konbaung Period Lashio was a small village included in Hsenwi region. According to Konbaung chronicles, during the reign of King Sinbyu Shin, Lashio was a transit camp where military encampments were made. When Myanmar fell under the British Lashio was promulgated as specific municipal area and was notified as a Town. In other words, in the period of ancient Myanmar Kings, Lashio was little known small village. However during the British colonial period Lashio stood as a notified town where a government headmaster was established. During the World War II Lashio became a town of vital importance, major key to line of communication by land route as well as by air. So also, on the basis of Sino-Myanmar Road, It may be regarded that Lashio developed in trading.
Aung Zaw Myint
- University of Mandalay, Research Journal